The Dancing Baby sees a world of opportunity.
When the house falls suddenly still and you can almost hear the clock ticking in the other room (if there were a clock ticking in the other room), that's when you know.
When you suddenly realize you've had far too many minutes strung together to read a message on your cell phone or to Google something on the computer, the silence hits you.
When baby is quiet, she is usually:
1. Playing with a bottle of horse radish.
2. Chewing on her brother's Wii remote.
3. At the top of the stairs.
4. Unrolling the toilet paper.
5. Making phone calls on her father's cell phone.
6. Pulling all of the Swiffer® duster refills out of the drawer.
7. Licking the soles of her shoes.
8. Sucking on the tips of her mother's heels.
9. Sinking her teeth into the coffee table.
10. Trying to capture a dying fly in her pudgy fingers.
That last one is totally improving her fine motor skills, so I'm going to claim it as a parenting win.